With studios in Zurich and Geneva, CNNMoney Switzerland is a cross-platform content producer for linear broadcast and digital media focusing on finance, business, economy, culture and lifestyle “made in Switzerland”. Catering to a previously underserved English speaking market across the country, CNNMoney Switzerland covers Swiss issues with an international impact. The channel acts as a bridge for leaders between Switzerland and the world.
CNNMoney Switzerland is a young and entrepreneurial media company with the advantage of being independent from large corporate structures but still having a world class media brand. Our team is composed of experienced, beyond the average committed and entrepreneurially thinking people with a vast diversity of backgrounds.
We are looking for a Journalist/Reporter, based in Geneva. The ideal candidate should possess a strong passion as well as a deep curiosity for and knowledge of Switzerland and its economy.
- Participate actively in all editorial meetings, advancing the editorial agenda
- Research financial markets and business news in Switzerland
- Edit and post video content on our website and social media
- Prepare summaries of financial market activity for daily live program at 6pm
- Research and write briefs on topics to be covered and guests to be interviewed
- With the graphic design team, prepare visuals for live program depicting SIX stock movements
- Trained journalist with at least 5 years professional experience
- Proven track record in reporting and communicating complicated concepts in a clear and simple way
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience in producing digital content
- English mother tongue; German and/or French fluency
- Solid understanding of financial instruments and concepts
- Strong knowledge of and passion for Swiss economic, business, financial and political news as well as current affairs
- Highly organized, pro-active, autonomous and comfortable with a start-up environment
- A collaborative spirit, highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in team settings
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and handle multiple demands with professionalism and results
- Swiss nationality or valid Swiss work permit
To apply: please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.