With studios in Zurich and Geneva, CNNMoney Switzerland is a cross-platform content producer for linear broadcast and digital media focusing on finance, business, economy, culture and lifestyle “made in Switzerland”. Catering to a previously underserved English-speaking market across the country, CNNMoney Switzerland covers Swiss issues with an international impact. The channel acts as a bridge for leaders between Switzerland and the world.
CNNMoney Switzerland is a young and entrepreneurial media company with the advantage of being independent from large corporate structures but still having a world class media brand. Our team is composed of experienced, beyond the average committed and entrepreneurially thinking people with a vast diversity of backgrounds.
CNNMoney Switzerland is looking for a talented university student interested in finance and journalism for a summer internship in our newsroom and studio in Gland.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Editor-in-Chief, this person would:
- Research and gather news for interviews and content production in general
- Assist in factchecking
- Manage guest relations: welcoming guests and preparing them for studio interviews
- Prepare information documents for guests visiting the studio (map, instructions)
- Perform some video editing
- Assist in creating and posting digital content
- Perform other duties as requested by the day producer and in function of his/her individual skills
These tasks can evolve over the period of your internship, in function of our needs and your competencies.
- Currently attending a university program
- Proficiency in English; fluent in French or German a plus
- Highly interested in Swiss economic, business, financial news as well as current affairs and journalism
- Highly organized, pro-active, autonomous and comfortable with a start-up environment
- A collaborative spirit, highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in teams
- Strong communication skills
- Video editing skills and knowledge of Adobe After Effects a plus
- Swiss nationality or valid permit
Start date: July 29, 2019
To apply: please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.